Pre-planning give your loved ones peace of mind.
Planning ahead helps us understand more about our own preferences and the care options available while we still have the capacity to make informed decisions for ourselves. Our values, beliefs, attitudes and even our past experiences, will have an impact on our preferences, for example where we would like to be cared for.
Planning ahead involves the following:
- Types of care you prefer at the end of life
- Care at home
- Stay-in Care
- Who can make decisions for you if you lose the mental capacity to do so
- Who you would like to be involved in your care
- Important rituals and funeral planning
- How you would like your assets to be managed post-death