- What services do Grief Matters provides?
- Bereavement care
- Grief counselling
- Support for practical and financial matters e.g. estate matters
- End-of-life care in the Community
- Caregiver support
- Advance care planning
- Training and public education
- Training on advance care planning
- Grief literacy and death literacy
- Bereavement care
- How to refer someone to Grief Matters?
We have kept the referral process concise for service providers and members of the public. You can make a referral by calling us at 8181 0448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the intake call, the Grief Matters team will inform you of the outcome.
- What other criteria are there to use Grief Matters’ services?
Our service users are of all ages, ethnicity, religion and reside in different parts of Singapore. We will only decline referrals if we do not have a team member who can speak the language of the service user.
- What are the modes of support available?
Depending on the needs, Grief Matters can offer our support through online platforms e.g. video calls and zoom, phone calls, and in-person. To meet in person, we meet our service users at our centre, their homes or their place of care.
- Do you charge for service?
Currently, our services are provided at no cost to individuals and families. We encourage our service users to offer a donation if it is within their financial means.
- Where is Grief Matters?
We are located at 1 Lorong 2 Toa Payoh, #02-08, Braddell House, S319637 (Braddell MRT Exit C)
- What are the operating hours of Grief Matters?
We are open from Mondays to Fridays, 9 am to 6 pm (extended hours on Thursdays from 6 pm to 9 pm, by appointment only).
- I am a service provider; can I ask my service user to contact Grief Matters directly?
Yes, please provide them our telephone number and/or email to contact us directly. If the client is already known to your team, please inform us and provide us any information that can facilitate the intake process.
- My service user/family member has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Can I refer him/her to Grief Matters?
Yes, Grief Matters provides psychosocial support for individuals who are living with a terminal illness and their caregivers, if they are not already receiving support from a palliative care team and/or the caregivers have risks of poor bereavement outcomes.
- My service user/ family member just lost someone through suicide. Does Grief Matters provide support for those bereaved by suicide?
Suicide bereavement is a traumatic experience. Grief Matters provides grief counselling services to individuals who have lost their significant ones through suicide or other violent deaths.
- My service user/family member just lost someone and needs grief support. However, he is unable to leave his house due to physical limitations. Can Grief Matters provide support to him?
Yes, we can provide grief counselling at the homes of the service users who are homebound. We also have the option to engage them through online platforms too.